Monday, 2 April 2007

Kelvingrove Gallery


After the crash we picked up Grandma and Papa and we went to Glasgow. On our way we saw a sculpture of a trumpet, red heads and a wire horse. We visited Kelvingrove museum . We saw stuffed animals including an elephant, a tortoise, a polar bear, a falcon, a cheetah, a giraffe, a swordfish and a moose. In one hall there was a Spitfire hanging from the ceiling, in the other there were heads. They were hanging from the ceiling and all making different faces.

There were discovery zones. The discovery zones are really fun. I did some weaving, used an old fashioned sewing machine, I made a picture using plastic circles, I made a pretend necklace, copied some statues and wrote my name with Egyptian letters.

In another room I looked at the Arctic and the animals that live there. There were also masks that I tried on and funny mirrors that made me look fat or skinny. You also got to make your own face.

Then we went for lunch. I had salmon, chips, peas and Fanta to drink, but no pudding. Then we finished the gallery by looking at all the pictures.

At the end we went into a toyshop. I found a bongo but Dad wouldn't let me buy it.

Outside we practised filming for our film. We have made a movie of our visit which we will try to put on later.

Then we drove home and I fell asleep in the car.

It was the best day out.

No comments: